UPDATE: MAY 16, 2020 | IS FREE TO BE OPENING YET?
We miss you, and have loved interacting with you virtually over the last couple of months. So many of you have showed up on Instagram Live, Zoom and the online hub. Thank you! If you are still learning about these outlets, check them out here.
"We will either find a way or make one." -Hannibal (247-182 BC), Carthaginian General
The above quote definitely got me because we are truly making our way through this time. We have adapted each day to new challenges and opportunities. We will continue to make our way in collaboration with you.
Our hopes and dreams were to open one or more of the studios this weekend with Phase 1. Unfortunately, there are still some restrictions that are prohibiting us to open in a way that we feel will keep you safe and our staff safe. We are watching updates closely and developing a plan so that when we can open, we can deliver you the yoga you love in a safe and welcoming environment. When we do open our doors, we will adhere to state and city guidelines. Additionally, we have developed the following procedures/policies to maintain the health and safety of this community.
- IF YOU ARE SICK: First, if you, or an immediate family member is sick, running a fever, showing signs of COVID-19 or other illness please do NOT come to the studio. If you have traveled on an airplane within two weeks, you may be asked to practice from home. We are asking the same of our staff.
- CHECK IN SYSTEM: We will have a new check-in system that requires clients to enter the studio in a strategic manner avoiding large groups of people from gathering. This check-in process may look different at each location.
- EFFICIENCY: Two staff members will be available at each class to support with check in and get you on your mat efficiently.
- FACE MASKS: Our front desk/check in staff will be wearing face masks. Depending on what the next phase presents, we will know if face masks need to be worn during practice.
- CLEAN HANDS: We will have hand sanitizer stations in many different locations in the studio with a requirement you sanitize hands when you come in and again the moment you get off your mat.
- RESTROOMS: We are installing paper towel and soap dispensers into the restrooms we maintain. Communal bathrooms at the Downtown and Old Metairie studios are managed by the Landlord. We will request these items be available.
- MATS & PROPS: There will be no rentals or shared props at this time. Next week, we will send out information on how you can purchase your yoga gear at a discounted rate so you are ready to practice.
- 6 FEET DISTANCE: We will tape out mat spaces on the floor to be at least 6 feet away from each other and we ask you to place your mat in the taped section.
- EXIT FLOW: We will ask that you get to your mat quickly and stay on your mat until the teacher dismisses the classes by rows.
- BETWEEN CLASS TIMES: Upon re-opening we will incorporate at least 1 hour between classes to maintain our exceptional cleaning procedures that we implemented pre-Covid.
- LATE CANCELLATION FEES: There will be a no show and late cancellation policy with the limited class sizes.
- CASHLESS: We will become a cashless studio during this time to prevent the handling of money with our staff. Credit cards and debit cards only. We highly recommend you put your card on file now. Please email (insert a managers email) if you want to discuss putting your card on file or adding a credit to your account to make purchases without cash in studios.
- ONLINE CLASSES: We will continue with all of our online platforms in conjunction with the opening of the studio FOREVER. You will have more opportunities to practice and stay well more than ever before Covid-19 (a silver lining).
- KIDS: No children in the studios until further notice.
Thank you for your patience with this process. We will update you with any new policies that get put into place. Watch all communication outlets (email, instagram, FTB website and facebook) to stay in the know, because things change so quickly. :)
In the meantime, we want to hear from you. Outside of what is listed above, what else will make you feel safe and comfortable to practice in the studios? How many of you want to continue to practice from home for a while? We have put together a three minute survey to hear from YOU. Click on this link to view the survey.
Again, we thank you for your commitment and adaptability to the online community. It is because of you all that we can continue on in this great city of New Orleans. We are committed offer rich experiences and freedom in your whole life through yoga (and wellness). I am Free To Be, You are Free To Be, and We are Free To Be always and everywhere.
UPDATE: APRIL 16, 2020 | ZOOM CLASSES ARE LIVE!
It is our goal to bring Free To Be EVERYWHERE. We want to be in your living room, back yard, porch or rooftop. Wherever you are, we are excited to bring the connection and community of Free To Be to you in an interactive way. On Monday, we will be launching our Zoom schedule so you can see, talk to, and breathe with your fellow yogis throughout class, just like we would in the studios together! AND the FTB teachers will be able to see YOU and give you those little nuggets of encouragement to stay on your mat and get you to your edge!
We are committed to serving yoga classes to our FTB family and community of yogis from all over NOLA and across the country! Below are the steps to use your membership to take classes or purchase individual drop-in classes for all of the Zoom classes on the online schedule.
HOW DO I USE MY MEMBERSHIP OR PACKAGE TO ACCESS ZOOM CLASSES
- Check with Alan, email@example.com, to make sure you have your monthly auto-renew or yearly membership set to active. If it is, then no further action is needed. You can sign up for classes on the MBO schedule just as you would for a regular class at the studio(s). If not, ask firstname.lastname@example.org to make your membership active again.
- If you had a 10 or 20 class package, then you can choose to use classes from your package OR you can purchase $9 drop in classes for the Zoom classes.
- NEW TO FTB? Purchase a membership or drop-in class online here!
- STILL NOT SURE WHAT TO DO? No problem! Send us an email to email@example.com and we will support you.
HOW DO I SIGN UP FOR ZOOM CLASSES?
- Download the MINDBODY ONLINE App or go to the schedule page on our website.
- Then click on and sign up for the class you would like to take at least 60 minutes before the start time of the class.
- Having trouble? If you have an active membership and it is asking for payment email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will sort this issue out.
HOW DO I GET THE ZOOM LINK?
- We will send you a confirmation email 30 minutes before the start time of the class with the direct Zoom link.
- If you haven't downloaded Zoom to your device you will need to do that. Make sure you download zoom (https://zoom.us).
- Need extra support? Email email@example.com
HOW DO I SEE EVERYONE?
- Click on the Zoom link in that you get emailed 30 minutes before class to access the class.
- Assign the audio from your device so we can hear you!
- We wanna SEE you on your mat so please make sure your video is on.
- Join us 10 minutes prior to class to say hello and connect!
We are proud to announce the online programming is expanding and will offer you continuous content so your practice and your life don’t skip a beat. We remain inspired and excited by your involvement in the new online studio and enjoy being in community via the virtual platforms while we wait to re-open the physical studios’ doors.
Originally the Whole Freedom program was designed to last 30 days and end on April 18th with the hopes and dreams of the storefront locations opening back up by this date. However, social distancing has been recommended until at least April 30th. In efforts of supporting the health and well-being of New Orleans and surrounding areas, the studios will remain closed until April 30th and potentially longer based on future recommendations.
In light of this news, we got back to work! We are bringing you more online content, live classes on a new platform, and impactful programming to fulfill on the value of your monthly unlimited and yearly unlimited memberships. The details of this exclusive content for active monthly unlimited and yearly unlimited members will be released on April 15th. We will continue to provide you quality content to support your at home practice for the remainder of the time that the physical studios are closed.
In addition, we do understand that your financial status may be different right now. If you need to pause or suspend your membership, we are here to work with you. We are not currently offering a blanket membership policy, instead we are working with our members one-on-one to support each person based on their unique needs. No matter what your needs are, we love you and will support you. Most of all, we thank you for supporting us as a small business. Together, we will thrive and survive through this.
If you have any questions regarding your membership or programs, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your inquiries. We want to answer any questions you have.
Free To Be is now Everywhere! We have gone totally virtual with livestream classes on Instagram, Zoom calls with our community, a brand new podcast and more!
To access the Instagram Live classes, follow these simple steps:
- Log in to your Instagram account at the time of the Live Streamed class.
- You can only view Live Stream content from a phone or tablet
- You are not able to view Live Stream content from a laptop or desk top computer.
- Search for Free To Be Power Yoga to get to our home page.
- Click on the large circle logo THAT SAYS LIVE at the top left corner of the screen.
- You are not visible on the livestream but you can comment to interact with the other viewers.
- The livestream classes will be made available to view for 24 hours after the class occurred.
These classes are free to everyone! The schedule of classes can be found on the schedule page of our website and in the MINDBODY app!
Download the new Free To Be Everywhere podcast with 40+ recordings from actual live classes at Free To Be!
UPDATE: MARCH 23, 2020 | CLASS PACKAGE EXTENSIONS
To our Free To Be Package Holders,
We are extending the expiration date of your package. We will extend your expiration once our studios re-open to include the time that is missed. Thank you for your patience as we adapt to the news each day. We appreciate you for being a part of our community. Stay in the work and get on your mat with all of our free content: Instagram Live Stream classes daily and Free To Be Everywhere Podcast.
UPDATE: MARCH 20, 2020 | WHAT WE'RE OFFERING NOW!
We believe that more than ever we need to stay together during these times. Even though we can't practice mat to mat in one space, we are proud to announce that we can still practice together from afar until our studios reopen.
Free To Be Everywhere has been underway since Monday, March 19 and we have since launched a full schedule of livestream classes on Instagram.
We have also launched our Free To Be Everywhere Podcast that has 40 audio-recorded practices just for you (and we will continue to add more). What?!! We were waiting for the perfect time to release and, well, this seems like the time. The Free To Be Everywhere podcast will set to be available via iTunes soon.
Exclusively for our Monthly Unlimited and One Year Unlimited Members, we are launching a brand new program, Whole Freedom. This program will be available to you starting Thursday. As a Monthly and One Year Unlimited Member, we will give you access to a flexible blueprint to create a healthy lifestyle in each area of your life. Each day you will receive an email including your guide to living life whole and complete. The guide will contain a pre-recorded FTB practice, meditation, journal prompts and health hacks. We also believe that living in wholeness comes from relationships. Twice a week we will have live zoom calls led by our program coaching staff. This program is specifically designed to meet you where you are today!
Our goal over the last few days has been to create as much content for you, our members, to keep your overall well-being strong, and receive the same value of being in the studio. We got you!
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to email@example.com.
UPDATE: MARCH 15, 2020 | TEMPORARY STUDIO CLOSURES
Dear Beloved Free To Be Community,
With intentional planning and lots of thought, we have decided to temporarily close all three studios. The intention is to keep our community healthy and safe. We have been following all reliable outlets to make informed decisions on what is best for the whole; our teachers, our staff, our students, our community and New Orleans.
We do not yet have a date of how long we will keep the studios closed. We will follow things day by day and be in communication with you as promptly as possible.
With this there is a silver-lining. We are launching our online platform to deliver classes live and on demand. No matter what, we are committed to continually sharing yoga with you. We will communicate our detailed plans in the coming days and appreciate your patience.
We understand that you may have questions and we are here to answer them as best as we can. Stay tuned for the launch of our online programming that will be accessible to all membership and package holders.
We love you and please remember that we are stronger together even when we are apart.
Kelly, Janae and the Free To Be team
UPDATE: MARCH 9, 2020 | HEALTH UPDATES AROUND THE STUDIOS
We at Free To Be Power Yoga are on a mission to keep our whole community healthy. We are being very proactive and taking the necessary steps to fulfill this mission. We truly appreciate you collaborating in moving this forward. Stay up to date on all the steps we are taking, changes we are making and news we have to share on this site (along with emails and social media).
Our very first step to a healthy community that we are taking is requesting that if you are feeling sniffly or under the weather, that you wait to come to yoga until you are back at 100%. We are also asking the same of our staff. We understand the need and want to be on your mat. Here is a link to Free To Be's YouTube channel so you have some audio recordings of classes to use while you are at home practicing.
The following are some things you can expect to see at our studios temporarily:
- No Hands On Assists: There will be no hands on assists. We know you love these hands on assists and we do too! As soon as we can bring this perk of Free To Be back, we will.
- Rentals: We request you bring your own mat, mat towels and sweat towels. We will still have these items available for rent but on a much more limited basis. We are now using stronger cleaning solutions to support our health mission.
- Shared Props: Blocks and straps will be removed temporarily from the yoga room. If a block or strap is supportive to your practice, we encourage you to bring your own or get creative; your water bottle and your personal sweat towel can replace a block and a strap. We will use pillow cases over bolsters in the Restorative classes.
- Lavender Towels: Oh, the lavender towels! We love them so much too, but we will pause with these as well. We promise to bring them back as soon as we can!
- No iPads at Check In: We have removed the iPads from the studios and you will check in with the teacher or team member at the front desk upon arrival. Just like the good 'ol days :)
- High Traffic Areas: We will more frequently be cleaning high traffic areas (door knobs, yoga floors, etc) thanks to our staff and Energy Exchange team!
- Open Doors: We will be leaving the doors to the Uptown and Old Metairie studios open during practice to support with greater air flow and ventilation.
What we are asking of you:
- Take care of yourself. It is so important to eat healthy and take care of yourself during this time. If you are not feeling 100%, please stay home and get well.
- Wash yo’ hands my friends. We have hand soap in each bathroom to get your hands clean! There was a funny tweet from a mom in Baton Rouge to her daughter in Washington that says, “Wash your hands like you just ate crawfish and need to put your contacts in.” Wash your hands like that.
- Show the love. Give out elbow bumps or a smile instead of sweaty hugs right now. We still want to show all the love in the studios!
- Be there for each other. Call your elderly and loved ones and check in if they need anything.
We may sound like the moms of the house, and, well, some of us are. Our overall goal is to get you healthy and keep you healthy. This is our very conservative effort to take care of all of you and us. We appreciate each of you and thank you for being a part of our community! If you have any questions/concerns/comments, reach out to us with anything.