FREE TO BE FAQS
WHAT ARE YOUR COVID SAFETY PROTOCOLS?
• Vaccination Proof/Negative COVID Test: In accordance with the City of New Orleans' mandate, proof of vaccination (at least one dose of a fully approved COVID-19 vaccine) for everyone over the age of 12 or proof of a negative PCR Covid-19 test (taken within 72 hours of the class time) is required to attend Free To Be Power Yoga's Downtown studio. Details of the mandate can be found here: Orleans Parish mandate. You may bring in your proof of vaccination and show to the teacher upon check in, or email us directly.
• Face Masks: We are following all city and state mandates. The mandate can be found here. Refer to Section 3, Part A #1 for details about face masks. (effective 8/2/21)
• Social distancing: Mat spaces are designated by tape on the floors to allow for 6 feet of social distance between students while practicing.
• Cleaning: We are cleaning with professional grade products after every class (mopped floors, cleaned door handles, light switches, bathrooms, rented mats, and props)
• Illness: We ask that you stay home if you’ve been sick or around anyone that has been sick
WHAT ARE YOUR LATE CANCEL AND NO SHOW POLICIES?
Check out our full terms, conditions and policies here.
Where Can I park?
Old Metairie: we have a parking lot at the building. If non-reserved spaces are filled, we ask that you find street parking around the neighborhood. Please do not block driveways and please do not park in the shopping plaza’s lot across the street. You may be towed.
Downtown: There is ample street parking around the area. Parking is free before 8am and after 7pm Monday through Saturday and free on Sundays.
If you are a monthly unlimited member, we have a limited number of reserved parking space for your use in the garage underneath the downtown studio. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for details about parking in there.
Can I attend class at any studio?
Due to our current limited schedule at each studio due to the impact of Covid-19, all class packages and memberships can be used at both the Downtown and Old Metairie studio locations. You will be notified if this changes in the future.
Do you rent mats?
Yep, we have mat rentals for $2. We also rent yogitoes (mat sized towels with sticky grips on the bottom to go on top of of your mat) for $3. And we rent sweat towels for $1.
Do you offer student discounts?
Yes! We offer discounts to students, military, school teachers and yoga teachers (with a valid photo ID). A 15% discount is available on:
• Single class drop in
• 10 class packages
• Not available on month to month unlimited memberships, year memberships, intro special or community class drop-ins
Do you offer donation based or community classes?
We have "pay-what-you-can" community classes ranging from $5-$25 per class to support those with financial restrictions. We also will never turn anyone away due to a lack of funds. If none of our rates work for your financial budget, reach out to us to discuss other options (email email@example.com).
Are all of your classes heated?
All of our classes are heated except for restorative, kids and family classes, and meditation classes.
How hot does it get?
In our signature Free To Be Flow classes, the temperature of the room is approximately 90-95 degrees (unless otherwise noted in the class description) and the humidity of South Louisiana’s climate, combined with the physical intensity of the practice and the heat generated by your (and your neighbors’) breath, will cause you to sweat. Check out the class descriptions for details on temperatures in specific classes. It is important that stay hydrated.
What should I wear to class?
Clean attire that you can easily move in. We like clothing that is moisture-wicking because we sweat - A LOT! Please be respectful in your clothing choices.
What should I bring with me to class?
Here’s a good check list of what to have with you for class:
• Comfortable clothing that you can easily move in
• Yoga mat (we have mats for rent)
• Sweat towel (we have sweat towels for rent as well)
• Water bottle
• Yogitoes or large sweat towel for your mat (we rent these too)
What if I've never done yoga before?
Can’t touch your toes? Have tight hamstrings? That’s why there’s yoga!! We weren’t super flexible when we first began yoga either! There are so many variations we can offer you to help you find the poses that feel just right.
What if I can't do all the poses?
Who can? I mean really?! Our goal at Free To Be is not to put everyone into the "perfect”pose, but rather to help you create the pose that FEELS good in your body! You may feel uncomfortable the first handful of times you step into the studio and onto your mat, but only when you step out of your comfort zone can you realize what you are capable of.
What are the benefits of power yoga?
There are so many! Here are just a few:
● Increased flexibility and mobility
● Improved strength
● Physical transformation
● Greater focus in your life
● Enhanced experiences of calmness and clarity
● Learn to release old habits that do not serve you
Will I do the same poses every class?
At Free To Be, the core methodology we use is the Journey into Power™ sequence created by Baron Baptiste. We use this sequence as the “blue print” or foundation of our teaching while offering variations and additional postures to further enhance your experience. No two classes will ever be exactly the same!
Can I put my membership on hold?
Click here to view the full membership and package terms.
Should I eat before I come to class?
Being properly hydrated and fueled are important for a strong practice, so we like to have a small snack an hour or so before class. We recommend that you do not eat a full meal right before coming to class.
Can I bring my cell phone into class?
We ask that you leave your cell phones and personal belongings in the lobby cubbies during class! Check in with your teacher before class if you have an emergency situation.