Dearest Free To Be Community,
We at Free To Be Power Yoga are on a mission to keep our whole community healthy. We are being very proactive and taking the necessary steps to fulfill this mission. We truly appreciate you collaborating in moving this forward. Stay up to date on all the steps we are taking, changes we are making and news we have to share on this site (along with emails and social media).
Our very first step to a healthy community that we are taking is requesting that if you are feeling sniffly or under the weather, that you wait to come to yoga until you are back at 100%. We are also asking the same of our staff. We understand the need and want to be on your mat. Here is a link to Free To Be's YouTube channel so you have some audio recordings of classes to use while you are at home practicing.
The following are some things you can expect to see at our studios temporarily:
- No Hands On Assists: There will be no hands on assists. We know you love these hands on assists and we do too! As soon as we can bring this perk of Free To Be back, we will.
- Rentals: We request you bring your own mat, mat towels and sweat towels. We will still have these items available for rent but on a much more limited basis. We are now using stronger cleaning solutions to support our health mission.
- Shared Props: Blocks and straps will be removed temporarily from the yoga room. If a block or strap is supportive to your practice, we encourage you to bring your own or get creative; your water bottle and your personal sweat towel can replace a block and a strap. We will use pillow cases over bolsters in the Restorative classes.
- Lavender Towels: Oh, the lavender towels! We love them so much too, but we will pause with these as well. We promise to bring them back as soon as we can!
- No iPads at Check In: We have removed the iPads from the studios and you will check in with the teacher or team member at the front desk upon arrival. Just like the good 'ol days :)
- High Traffic Areas: We will more frequently be cleaning high traffic areas (door knobs, yoga floors, etc) thanks to our staff and Energy Exchange team!
- Open Doors: We will be leaving the doors to the Uptown and Old Metairie studios open during practice to support with greater air flow and ventilation.
What we are asking of you:
- Take care of yourself. It is so important to eat healthy and take care of yourself during this time. If you are not feeling 100%, please stay home and get well.
- Wash yo’ hands my friends. We have hand soap in each bathroom to get your hands clean! There was a funny tweet from a mom in Baton Rouge to her daughter in Washington that says, “Wash your hands like you just ate crawfish and need to put your contacts in.” Wash your hands like that.
- Show the love. Give out elbow bumps or a smile instead of sweaty hugs right now. We still want to show all the love in the studios!
- Be there for each other. Call your elderly and loved ones and check in if they need anything.
We may sound like the moms of the house, and, well, some of us are. Our overall goal is to get you healthy and keep you healthy. This is our very conservative effort to take care of all of you and us. We appreciate each of you and thank you for being a part of our community! If you have any questions/concerns/comments, reach out to us with anything.
The Free Be Power Yoga Team